The day has come and gone for the students and me to return to school. Friday was our first day back and the day was filled with lots of activities, routines, and procedures. Here's an exact breakdown of what the first day entailed.
- Upon entering the classroom students worked on a class name word search and an All About Me poster.
- Next came Classroom rules- I began with teaching the WBT rules activating student's whole brain. They loved it!
- Then we picked up supplies and color coded our composition notebooks. Red=Reading, English=green, Blue=Social Studies, Purple= Math, Yellow=Science. With having 5 notebooks in your school bag all looking the same, color coding helps students locate the right notebook quickly.
- Next was the Teacher test. I gave students an 10 question test titled "How well do you know your teacher?" They chose their best answers and I followed the questions with the answers on a flip chart.
- We visited the computer lab and explored our class website and began typing practice.
- Wrote an "I Am " Poem which will become our first blog post next week on Kidblog.
- Completed our "I Am" poems.
The day went by very quickly!
This coming week is our first full week back and lesson plans are finally completed for the first 2 weeks of school.
Here's a peek at next week's agenda: