Verb Snowman

Monday thru Thursday my students complete a daily edit. Their purpose is to correct a sentence by identifying the errors, and parts of speech. They have the most difficulty with identifying the verbs in the sentence.

Well, while blog surfing I found an awesome activity at http://pvroom121.blogspot.com/2011/12/verb-snowmen.html

So, to help reinforce verb identification, my students created three verb wordles. They created one on action verbs, helping verbs, and linking verbs. However, we did have a bit of trouble with the wordle site. When we would type in more than 12 words or so it would only show 3. So instead of tying in all 23 helping verbs we only have 12 to show.

Anyway, in the end our verb snowmen look great. All the students worked really well together.

Another creative student- driven activity, with high student motivation and engagement.


3 comments

  1. Oh I just love this idea!!! How creative:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super idea!! My kids are still struggling with helping and linking verbs...
    Pat

    A Time to Share & Create


    MY WEBSITE

    Fabulous 4th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome activities! I'm a fellow La. teacher!! :)

    I just awarded you the Liebster Award!! Hop on over and pick it up!! :)

    Live Laugh and Love to Learn

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top