Classroom Website

Having a classroom website is an essential part of building a home-school connection. That is why I'm linking up with Kristin at iTeach 1:1  to share an idea for managing your classroom website.


My classroom website which you can view here is built for my students and parents. You can find various pages on my class website such as an all about the teacher page, homework, reading websites, and more. 
My favorite part of my class website is being able to embed a google calendar. I can add events and homework to the calendar on any device such as my school laptop or even my iPhone and the calendar is updated instantly. 

Here's a video on how to embed a google calendar here




Hope you found this information useful and will hop over to the linky to check out how other teachers are utilizing their classroom websites. 

7 comments

  1. Just checked out your website and it looks great! Super organized and has so much useful information for parents. I like that you have lots of links for them to practice at home. I find that the kids are way more likely to practice at home if you have everything laid out for them on the website. Thanks for linking up!:)

    Kristin
    iTeach 1:1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be watching that video on how to embed a "google calendar." I bet parents love that...so easy for them to see everything that is going on in the classroom! Thanks for linking up and sharing this great information!

    Amanda
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestion. I used weebly.com to make a new class web site and adding a calendar was a great idea ( not all parents have access to the school's page that lists events and this way I could have my own calendar for homework assignments, etc).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the video, I am sure the parents love to have a calendar to view.

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ablity to change/add/delete events from any device might be one of the greatest things to come along in quite a while. It just peeds up the procss and makes everything run a little smoother. Thanks for sharing your site.

    matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love using wikispaces. I used it for student blogging and a grade level website.
    Embedding a calendar makes is very convenient for parents! I also embed google forms for parents.
    You have a great class site!
    Fabulous Fifth Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love using google calendar too. It so handy to be able to identify things for class that show up in my personal calendar but only those things show p on the website.

    Heather
    room 4 imagination

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top