Read Across America Week

I am so excited to have brought Read Across America Week to my school. Of course, I came upon the idea through my PLN on Twitter. On February 15th, I participated in a Twitter #4thchat on the topic Read Across America. You can check out the archive of the chat here. A plethora of ideas were shared and one of them was hosting a Spirit Week for your students. I went straight to Pinterest for my ideas and found many already made flyers. I borrowed a few ideas and created one for my school. Here's a run down of our flyer.

Spirit Week included the following: 

Monday - February 29th - The Cat in the Hat Day
Wear your favorite hat


Tuesday - March 1st - Fox in Socks Day
Wear crazy socks


Wednesday - March 2nd - Wacky Wednesday
Wear your shirt backwards


Thursday - March 3rd - Green Eggs and Ham Day
Wear a green shirt


Friday - March 4th - Thing 1 and Thing 2 Day or 
Find a friend and dress like twins

Today was by far the most favorite of all the days! The students really got into it with finding a friend to dress as twins. My grade level even got involved!
Here are a few picks from the day: I'm all the way on the right with my 5th grade team. 









No comments

Back to Top