Empowering Students Through Technology

Today was our last day of Testing! Can I get an OH YEAH!

We have three days left for this school week and then we will have off for Spring Break!

Tomorrow my Shining and Shooting Stars are going to be busy preparing and reviewing expectations for our upcoming centers for the Week of April 30th. They will also receive a visit from one of our local weathermen Carl Arredondo tomorrow morning, which was organized by my partner teacher Mrs. Wilson. Thursday we will again review centers and expectations, and receive a RIF book (Reading is Fundamental). Friday we are going on a field trip to the zoo, and we are celebrating my birthday!


I am really looking forward to the last three weeks not only because summer is drawing near, but because my students are going to be working collaboratively in groups on technology based learning projects to develop their communication, collaboration, creativity and critical thinking skills. They will develop innovative products using technology and be assessed on their projects. No more paper and pencil tests! Can I get another OH YEAH! 

Here is a look at my Technology Centers for the coming weeks! Click here to see my lesson plan.
Click here for the rubric.

What are you doing the last few weeks of school?

2 comments

  1. Oh Yeah! Congrats on being finished with testing. That is the best feeling. I started messing with Edmodo the other day as it is new for me. Any tips for getting started and implementing it into the classroom right away? My school does not have access to a ton of technology (our computer lab is full of ancient computers that only work sometimes) but I would like to expose my kids to as much as possible. Thanks! ~ Amanda @ The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I am technology challenged and wanted to do both wordles and tagxedo with my kiddos this week but tonight I was trying to do it and I can't!!! I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.....any thoughts??? If you have a sec I would love some tips:) You can email me at tara.eiken1@gmail.com

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top