Liebster Award

I am so honored to receive a nomination for the Liebster Award, which is an nomination given to acknowledge bloggers with fewer than 200 followers, by Susan at Middle School OCD.  She had some very kind words to say about me that you can check out on her blog. You will also find out when you head over to her blog what a great educator she is sharing lots of lessons and activities in the middle school classroom.

I am so happy to have connected with Susan and with so many other educators over the past three years through blogging.  I have been inspired, encouraged, challenged and my passion for teaching and learning has gone to a new level.

There are a few requirements with accepting this nomination such as:

  1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
  2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers (Sorry, I only nominated 3!)
  3. Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator 
  4. Share 11 random facts about myself (only 7, this was difficult)
  5. Create 11 questions for my nominees
  6. Contact my nominees and let them know I nominated them!


So, here it goes............

1. What is your favorite movie? Sweet Home Alabama

2. What is your favorite book? Anything by the author Emily Giffin. I have read all her books.

3. Do you have any pets? I have a black cat named Luna. We are currently looking to adopt a dog. Our dog Bella of 10 years passed away two weeks ago.

4. If you have a day all to your self, what is your favorite way to spend it? My favorite way to spend a day would be getting a pedicure and manicure and then heading to the mall to do some shopping.

5. In what store could you spend hours and hours? I could spend hours in Ann Taylor Loft, the Limited, Gap, and Banana Republic.

6. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? I would visit France where I am hoping to visit next summer for my 10th wedding anniversary.

7. If you could take your class on a field trip anywhere in the world, where would you go? Of course we would go to Disneyworld.

8. What is your favorite part about teaching?  My favorite part about teaching is when I see my students succeed.

9. If you weren't a teacher what would you be? I would be a stay at home mom.

10. Who is your hero? My hero is my husband.

11. Blogging makes me feel........inspired, connected, and current.

Random Facts....

1. I was a cheerleader in middle school, high school, college, and even competed on a competitive squad.

2. I worked at a skating rink.

3. I waited tables.

4. I taught summer cheerleading camps all over Louisiana.

5. I'm allergic to bananas and avocados.

6. I'm 4'll.

7. I had twin boys who both weighed 7lbs at birth.

Here are a few bloggers I am nominating and you should check out.

1. Allison  at Eberopolis: Teaching Reading and Writing with Technology: I found Allison's blog just recently and she has some amazing ideas!  She shares practical ways to teach 4th graders reading and writing while incorporating technology. I always look forward to reading her blog posts to check out the ways she uses technology with her students.

2. Ms. W at UpperGrades are Awesome- Here is a 5th grade blog with tons of great ideas for use in the upper grades classroom. Ms. W not only shares resources to use in the upper grades, but also has a TPT store where you can purchase her products.

3. Julie at Southern Teacher WBT- Julie is a WBT (Whole Brain Teacher). She shares with others how she is using WBT in her classroom and how she is using WBT techniques. I am inspired by Julie's posts on her blog and her posts on the Whole Brain Teaching bookclub.





No comments

Back to Top