1. Instagram- I am hooked! Who doesn't like taking pictures! I also like that other educators have gotten hooked too and are posting pictures of their classrooms, lessons and events at their school. I've been taking lots of pictures, but they are not school related since I've been out since May 17th. So, most of my pictures are of my three handsome boys and our summer adventures. You can follow me on Instagram at @eshepherd.
2. Impossible Odds- I was watching Jay Leno last night and Jessica Buchanan was a guest. I didn't know of her story or who she was, but one minute into her speaking and I was inspired by her courage, strength and faith that she had to get through her kidnapping. I immediately went online and purchased the kindle edition and started reading.
3. Summer Reading- Check out my professional reading for the summer! You can read more about these books and the book clubs I am participating in here.
4. State Teacher of the Year- I am anxiously waiting to hear if I made the finals for Louisiana State Teacher of the Year. There is an interview on Monday, June 17th. You can check out my blog post here to see how my school came together to recognize me for Estelle Elementary teacher of the year as well as District Teacher of the Year.
5. Family Beach Trip- This is the beach house my family will be staying in for a week long vacation starting Sunday. I am looking forward to relaxing, catching up on my reading and spending time with the family.