Monday Made It- June 3rd

Yeah, I finally found a few things that I made today to post about on my first Monday Made It hosted by Tara at 4th Grade Frolics

This morning when I first logged into BlogLovin (my blog reader) and saw Tara's post, I did get a little stressed thinking of what I could post that was school related. Then I started to think of all the things I make with my boys and what I was making for dinner tonight, and I decided those things would be perfect for the  Monday Made It Linky. 

So, here's my first Monday Made It. 

This is my oldest son Patrick tying a worm to a string so he can go fishing in the canal behind our house. He asked me for help with this, which is usually a job for dad, but nonetheless I touched the worm and helped him make his fishing stick. I am so proud! 


  Here he is with his finished fishing stick. 


 All three boys fishing on the small bridge across the canal behind our house. The minnows really enjoyed the worms today.



 My second Monday Made It is Chicken Tortillas soup. I purchased a rotisserie chicken two days ago and had half of the chicken left and was trying to think of what to do with it before it went to waste. I thought about using it to make chicken salad, but I'm the only one who eats chicken salad so that idea went out the window. Then I found a recipe for Chicken Tortilla soup on Food.com. Click here for the exact recipe. Here are most of the ingredients below plus the onion, garlic, half bell pepper and chicken which is not pictured.

First I sautéed the onions, bell pepper, garlic, and jalapeño in olive oil until soft. 

 Then I added the remaining ingredients and Voila! It is Made and was  Super Easy to do so!

Thought I'd also share a picture of our vegetable garden. This wasn't made today but it sure is growing fast. We have tomatoes, squash, corn and bell peppers growing. If you look closely you can see the corn is sprouting all over because three little people got hold of the corn seeds and planted them all over. Ha!

  Here's a close look at the first squash that is growing in the garden. So exciting!

Well that concludes my Monday Made Its and I am so glad I found a few things to make today and am able to share it on the Linky. Head over to 4th Grade Frolics and check out all the awesome Monday Made Its. Next week I'll be at the beach with the family, so I'll have to plan and make my Monday Made It early and schedule the post. 


3 comments

  1. Oh I am SO excited for your garden! yahoo! This is my first year having a garden as well and IT IS SO EXCITING! Hope you will post updates! LOVE your soup recipe, might just have to do that this week!


    Carmen Zeisler

    Exploring Elementary
    Fourth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boys are just adorable! That soup looks so yummy!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and you can see the books I am using in my book clubs right now in this post:
    http://fourthgradeflipper.blogspot.com/2013/05/spark-student-motivation-saturdays.html
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peachie! It seems like your boys are starting the summer off right. It's so great to be a kid! The soup looks delicious...I'm a vegetarian, but I can do a chicken substitute and I love your garden! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top