Tagxedo- Not Wordle

Interactive White Boards is hosting a linky party on ways to use Tagxedo in the classroom. Tagxedo is a lot like Wordle, except it can do more things.

I have used Wordle with my students for the past two years. We have used the program to paste our essays on "All About Me", which we hang outside the classroom the first few weeks of school and during open house. We have also used it to make Mother's Day cards. Now, after discovering Tagxedo I think we will use this program instead the first week of school. Tagxedo allows you to make shapes out of your word clouds. You can even upload your own image. You can make the shape ‘blank’ & fill the words around the shape. You can customize what words are shown or hidden. It uses something called ‘Silverlight’ which means as you hover over the words.

You could use it to do a class survey such as on their favorite book!!!

I made one using the words in my profile.

2 comments

  1. I love Wordle!! I have been on the Tagxedo site but havent had the opportunity to use it with my kiddos yet! I am now a follower. Thanks for following me!!! I am close to my 100 giveaway!!
    Life's a Teach!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooooo jazzed to find another 4th grade teacher blog!!! I am now a follower:))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top