I have organized the following activities this year for my parents to attend and participate in:
- Blog Commenting Party
- Vocabulary Fashion Show which will be held tomorrow.
- Christmas Play
- Field Trip to the Zoo
- Cinco de Mayo Fiesta which will be held tomorrow.
- Ma Spa Day coming up next Thursday
According to the Research Spotlight on Parental Involvement, students with involved parents are more likely to:
- Earn higher grades and test scores
- Be promoted, pass their classes and earn credits
- Attend school regularly
- Have better social skills, show improved behavior, and adapt well to school
- Graduate and go on to postsecondary education
You can view the article here.
I can definitely say my attendance rate and my students scores have been at their highest.
What do you do to involve parents in your classroom?