A Vocabulary Fashion Show & Cinco de Mayo Fiesta

On Friday, I held my first ever Vocabulary Fashion Show. I found the idea on the Writing Fix and adapted it to fit my style. I used the word generator on Writing Fix and copied down 30 words on a chart, and students were given choice of their word. Then over the next couple of weeks during centers students were to define their word, personify their word with an illustration, and then write a short script to bring their word to life. ( We could not use our class dictionaries or dictionary.com for these words. Google was the only source that was able to define our words.) On Friday we held our Vocabulary Fashion Show on the school stage.  The students strutted their stuff as my student teacher read their scripts.



2012 Vocabulary Fashion Show on PhotoPeach After our fashion show we went back to class to have our Cinco de Mayo fiesta.  We had lots of wonderful food including American Enchiladas, Nachos Mexicanos, homemade salsa, and,  Mexican Enchiladas. I am so grateful to all my parents who volunteered their time cooking and in our classroom that day.


Then out we went to hit the piñata. We were just a little excited when the piñata broke!




We also celebrated my student teacher, Mrs. Ahmad's last day with us. She is going to be dearly missed by me and the students. She has grown so much with us over the last 4 months. My fingers are crossed that she will get a job at our school or somewhere close.
Here is a closer look at the cake we had for her.

1 comment

  1. Mrs. Shepherd,

    Thank you for being such an amazing cooperating teacher. You have been so generous with your knowledge and supportive. I learned so much from you and your classroom. I should be so lucky to work in the same school. Thank you! I will forever remember this experience with only the greatest memories.

    Sincerely,
    Mrs. Ahmad

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top